Through the time, talent and resources of corporate, education and community partners, Junior Achievement of Georgia inspires and prepares young people, K-12th grade, to succeed in a global economy. All programs align with Georgia's core performance standards, teaching students about financial literacy, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness while equipping them with the tools to be personally and professionally successful.
JA brings the real world to students, opening their minds to their full potential by bridging the business and education communities. The hallmark of JA is its unique use of local business and community volunteers who come into the K-12 classroom or host middle and high school after-school programs deliver lessons that equip students with the knowledge and skills to succeed. The dynamic interaction between students and volunteers promotes active learning and brings theory to life, while also allowing students to see a real-world model of someone who can demonstrate the value of business on a first-hand basis. These learning experiences establish the foundation on which young people can build the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed in a fast-paced world.
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principals of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning